Your reputation can be lost in seconds. Do you know how to protect it? (One day crisis communications planning workshop)
Are you confident your business could cope if a bad news story went viral and you were besieged by the media? If not, it is time to re-assess the risks to your business and put in place a robust crisis communications strategy.
In our social media world, an emergency situation can quickly get out of hand and managing reputation and communications demands a real skillset. Most energy firms have emergency plans – but how many include communications?
This workshop gives you the dos and don’ts of crisis communications. We explore: who should take responsibility in a crisis situation, how to prepare messages and spokespeople and how to brief staff, customers, stakeholders and the media.
- Discover how crises can escalate and how the media are likely to react
- Assess and prioritise the risks to your business
- Learn how to put together a robust crisis communications strategy
- Develop key messages & holding statements
- Learn how to manage the demands of print, broadcast & social media
The full-day workshop is aimed at management and communications teams.
£4,000 per day (maximum 10 people)
Working with your senior management team, we will develop a detailed crisis communications strategy tailored to your business. We will:
- Audit the risks to your business
- Assess where you are most vulnerable
- Write an operational crisis communications plan
- Integrate these crisis communications procedures into your existing emergency procedures
- Establish a chain of command
- Write a crisis communications manual
- Refine your key messages and write holding statements
- Select and train key spokespeople
By the end of the process, you will have a robust strategy to manage your communications and your reputation at critical moments.
Fees upon application